Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Well, I haven't blogged in quite some time. I'm not sure why not. I guess because I don't have time. And when I do have time it's because, well, frankly I don't feel like it. So for those of you who actually try to keep up with my life, I'm sorry- I'm trying to keep up with it myself.

I could sit here and write about what's happening in my life, but I'd bore you all to tears and in all reality, there's really too much stuff to include. So instead I'll tell you a brief story...

You know those moments in your life where in one instant something happens and you immediately go back to a prior time and place. Somewhat like deja-vu. Tonight I was sitting in my car with Matt, pouring my heart out to him, which basically resulted in tears (Shocker, I know). Now, this may sound like I'm flaunting what I have, but hear me out. I'm just being honest. My fiance is truly the best. His love for me blows my mind on a daily basis. As I'm sitting there blubbering about the things on my heart, he gently reached over and wiped my tears. In that instant I was back in Garca, Brazil in the year 2005.

Strange, right? Let me explain...

The last day of our trip to the Alpha & Omega orphanage in Brazil, I went into sweet Isabella's room to give her a new pair of sheets and a pillow. She was the sweetest little three year old girl I've ever met. She took me to her bed and as I sat down I realized what I was sitting on. Her bed had one "sheet" on it. It was one of those really scratchy blankets full of little holes. She had me lay down next to her and I sang her a sweet song. She didn't even have a pillow. I began to cry, I couldn't contain it. Everything in me wanted to stay in Brazil with sweet Isabella, and my heart was torn. She realized I was crying and reached over and wiped my tear off my face. In that moment, Isabella was Jesus to me.

See the connection?

Well that's the trip my mind went on when Matt so sweetly wiped my tears from my face, it reminded me of that sweet love that I experienced almost 6 years ago.

I am blessed to have someone who will wipe my tears and comfort me in the midst of restlessness in my heart. Matthew Johnson, thank you for being Jesus to me to tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment