Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm Back!

Obviously I have been terrible at blogging for the past... oh, 3 months or so. Mostly since I've been back at school. Any of you who have been around me lately or have talked to me frequently know that school has been controlling my life. Well, I am happy to say that I'm done. (Okay... I still have four finals and a portfolio to assemble. But other than that, I'm DONE!) 

Yesterday I was talking to Matt and my best friend Michele about how when I was in Haiti over the summer I thrived on spending time with the Lord first thing in the morning on the balcony outside the room. There was something about being outside with a cup of coffee (in the heat) surrounded by mountains and beautiful trees saturating my heart with the Word. I loved it. I recently saw an email I had sent to Matt on one of those beautiful mornings saying that wherever we end up living, we have to have a balcony. And sure enough, our apartment (his until were married) has a large, beautiful balcony overlooking a lake/canal. Lovely. 

I've struggled so much recently to start my mornings digging into the Word. It's been a challenge because in the profession of education, early mornings are mandatory for work, which doesn't leave too much time for anything in the mornings. I can handle waking up early, but in all honesty, this semester I've completely neglected waking up an extra hour or so early to spend time with the Lord. If it fits in my day, great! If not, tomorrow will make up for it. Oh how sinful my heart is. 

Well, all of this to say, I'm back. I realized how much more I thrived on the Word when I could be away from my roommates (I love you guys, but there's something about being ALONE with the Lord... kinda hard to do with 4 other roommates. I know you all feel the same :) haha). I realized how much I grew when I could dig into the Word, surrounded by Creation, and how much I LOVED blogging about what the Lord was teaching me. I've always had a journal. I've always written out Scripture, prayers, thoughts, whatnot. But there is something about blogging that hits home in my heart. My thoughts come easier, I can type much faster than handwriting. I've missed it. Truly missed it. This morning I spent time digging into just a few verses, I wrote everything down in my journal. But then I decided I wanted to transfer it to my blog. I want to start this again.

My heart is so excited for what will happen in two months and two days. Yes, my wedding. I am going to marry a man who's heart is after God and who longs to see the Kingdom multiply and grow. I truly believe that through our marriage, we will be able to reach the Kingdom so much more effectively than alone. :) That's the beauty of marriage. But something I'm looking forward to (not quite as much) is living at our apartment and being able to spend the mornings on the balcony digging into the Word. I'm SO excited. It will be absolutely lovely. 

So now, I will say, I am back :) 

Originally I was going to write about what the Lord showed me this morning and share some truth with you all, but this post is long enough. So I will end this post and then post Scripture along with some thoughts next. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment