Sunday, August 22, 2010

Passion

Well it's about time I got back on here and wrote something.

Not sure it's going to be long. I'm just going to start writing and we'll see where it goes.

I'm pretty much all moved into my apartment at school. Most of my stuff is unpacked now and my room is almost completed. (Still need to figure out what to do on the big wall next to my bed). Any ideas are welcome. :) Today I finished the wall above my desk and I must say I'm excited. It's a "letter wall" with all my letters from the mommies at Mission of Hope with a picture of each mommy near their letter. I absolutely adore it. I guess it's my "Haiti wall". It makes my heart smile.

My brains fried and I havent even started classes. Not sure whats going on but writing right now just doesnt seem to be working.

Hm. What's been on my heart lately?

Well besides missing Haiti and the beautiful friends I have made there terribly, the Lord has been pressing on my heart to live every day life with the passion i live with when I'm in Haiti. To use my passion and love for Haiti and it's people here where I'm living. Whether that means being involved with what's going on there while I'm here or living with a passion for every person around me. Wherever I am, I want to live life full of love and passion for people and furthering the Kingdom. It's a hard concept to grasp sometimes. It's strange how easily I find it to share my faith and to love everyone I come across when I'm in another country or somewhere besides my "home". But the second I'm back "home" I seem to stop looking for opportunities to share my faith. So the cry of my heart is that I will be living Kingdom minded and be looking and praying for opportunities on a daily basis to share my faith.

As for me, I'm just living life. I feel like a nomad at the moment. Coming and going and staying and leaving. But here I am, at school for quite some time so I guess I should get settled here.

Life is good. God is great.

Well, sorry this post was so "blah" but I'm sure I'll be back to posting regularly once everything calms down a little. :)

PS. I am not used to being in a cold apartment. At all. And I am ALWAYS freezing. I miss the heat

No comments:

Post a Comment