Friday, August 13, 2010

With Jesus.

To say that I've been thinking a lot lately would be an understatement.

6 days ago I came home from 5 weeks in Haiti. Possibly the most amazing 5 weeks of my life. And now I'm home for only 6 more days until I leave to move back to school and start my last full year of college. Life is something, isn't it? My heart is torn because I'm so glad to be home with my loved ones but I'm also missing being in Haiti and I'm also excited to be back at school. Is it possible to have your heart in three places? We will have to wait and see.

The Lord has been teaching me more than I could even explain. This summer has been a summer of growth and learning. But more than that, it has been a summer of learning to apply what the Lord has taught me and to live it out fully.

I'm not in Haiti and I do not like this. But the Lord has been preparing me for this and is teaching me to be content where He has me because when I'm with Him, I'm where He wants me. I know I'm here for a reason.

I know the Lord has a plan. I know He has great things for me. I know He will use me wherever I'm at. I know His plan is better than my own. It's hard at times to grasp that... I've been struggling with this for the past 6 weeks. But I know without a doubt it's true.

So for now, wherever I'm at, whatever country I'm in, all I want to do is be with Jesus. I want to live life full of His love and I want to abide in Him. I want to rest in His arms and dwell in His presence. I want to be with Him.

It's lovely. And this is what I know to be true: It's when I'm dwelling in the love of my Savior that I am filled with His joy, peace, and love. There's no place I'd rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment