Thursday, September 30, 2010

One Year.

One year ago was one of the most important days of my life. But I didn't know it then.

One year ago I was excited for something. But I had no idea the extent of it.

One year ago was the first missions leader meeting.

One year ago I met my co-leader for our trip to Haiti.

One year ago I met the love of my life :)

Fair warning... this post will be corny but I don't care.

On September 30th, 2009 at 10pm we had our first leaders meeting. I was waiting for it all day long and couldn't wait to go and hear about our trip and responsibilities. I was also excited to meet my co-leader. I had no idea who he was or what to expect him to be like. All I knew is that I would be working closely alongside him for the next 6 months in preparation for our trip to Haiti and a week there. As I was walking to my meeting that night I was on the phone with a dear friend who kept asking me about him. I was slightly puzzled as to why she was so curious and at that point i knew nothing about him. The only thing I knew was that his name was Matthew Johnson. Then she squealed in excitement saying, "He could be 'the one". I laughed and said, "No, I don't think so." Little did I know. In my head I said no. Over and over again. I couldn't date my co-leader. No no no. Too messy, too sticky, not gonna happen. I remember walking into our meeting and being the first one there (story of my life) and then him coming in not long after. My friend Tina pointed him out to me and said, "That's your co-leader". So we met each other and then sat down together and the meeting began.

That was one year ago. Little did I know that day that a year from then, today, I would be in love with Matt. He has been such a blessing in my life. The way he loves me, encourages me, and leads me closer to the Lord is unreal and I'm beyond grateful for it.

I love you, Matthew Johnson. You mean the world to me. I'm glad I met you one year ago.  :)

This was our first photo ever taken together. At the Miami airport after our trip to Haiti. :)

And this is us now :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This made me really happy =) maybe I should write one like it for you ;). I love you so much. You mean the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that top picture! See my arm on the side?! :D

    I'm glad you guys met each other too!

    ReplyDelete