Friday, October 22, 2010

A Rekindled Desire.

It would be a lie for me to say that my relationship with the Lord is wonderful and growing. In all honesty, it has been the last thing on my mind the past few weeks as I've been busy with loads of school work and commitments. It's something I've longed for. It's the one thing that has been lacking. And I've known that. So why on earth did I continue leaving it on the end of my list?

Tuesday morning I couldn't do it any longer. I miss my passion for the Word. I miss my desire to be with Jesus every morning. So I woke up, grabbed my Bible and my journal and just dug in. And the only thing that I could think was why on earth have I been putting this aside.

I love the Word of God. It is the thing that holds me up, keeps me going, draws me closer to Him. I love it. The past year has been wonderful. I've loved waking up (almost) every morning to spend time with the Lord. It's made all the difference. And although my busy schedule will remain busy and my commitments wont change, my heart has rekindled its desire to be with the Lord. Continually. Not just when I wake up. But all day. Every day.



On a side note, I am going home today for the first time in 2 months. It's crazy to think that I was gone this summer, home for a week, then gone for 2 months at school. WHAT?! I'm bringing Matt and can't wait for a relaxing weekend of homework, hanging with my mom, and seeing my dog :) I know, I'm a dork. But I miss him.

AND I'm going home next weekend for a few days too after I go home with Matt! This will be wonderful :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment